Monday, July 4, 2011

A Letter of Apology

A letter of apology...
Dear Residents of Siena, David, and Quang,

So. . . as we cycled through Siena on day 3 of our giro di luna di miele I didn’t do such a great job keeping up with my hourly food and drink intake.  This led me to . . .  BONK.  In other words, I crashed- both physically and mentally.  My body didn’t want to go anymore and my mind REALLY didn’t want to go anymore.  Somehow the Tuscan beauty turned ugly, the encouraging words from my cycling counterparts seemed irritating, and the drivers and pedestrians of Siena, frankly, just pissed me off.
So. . . I might have flipped a few people off (I’m now hoping the middle finger means something kind in Italian).  Sentences beginning with “What the. . . “ might have escaped my lips (hopefully those, too, got lost in translation).  I might have spoken sternly to my dear husband, insisting in a less than gracious tone that he “ JUST GO BY ME. . .please.”, when really he was being sweet by waiting.  I might have ignored my dear friend Q’s encouraging words and not joined in to his singing.  For all this. . .  I apologize.  It wasn’t you. It was me.
I am truly sorry and I promise to try very hard to eat and drink religiously through all rides forthcoming as to never again underappreciate the beauty around me and the good friends at my side. Please forgive me.
                                                                                                                            Sincerely,  Amy Kovick
AND NOW IN MY LIMITED ITALIAN
Citta' di Siena, David, Q,
               Scuuzi.
                                Amy Kovick

No comments:

Post a Comment