Friday, January 14, 2011

Saving Los Perritos One Spare Meat Pie at a Time

Chile has its share of stray dogs.  Los perritos seem to co-exist with the Chilean people for the most part but seem to lack food, shelther, a good bath every once and awhile, and most of all LOVE.  You can probably imagine as dog lovers, this kills us.

As we walked the streets of Santiago among the stares of the puppy eyes I, ofcourse, looked up at Dave with puppy eyes of my own asking, ¨Can I touch them? (my desire to touch things in the past has led to allergic reactions aka dermatological events).  Dave´s response to the suffering perritos was, ¨I wish I had a spare meat pie.¨  And so, as we walk the streets of any Chilean city or town I reach out to pet the dogs and if you look in Dave´s pack there is always a spare meat pie. 

Alas, don´t be suprised if we return to the US with new pet dogs for all of you (don´t worry Mom and Dad, you´re off the hook : ).  Abrazos. . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment