Friday, February 18, 2011

Her Cheatin´ Heart

This may come as a shock to many of you.  Those of you who were at our wedding know what a special love Amy and I share.  We thought it was indestructible.  We thought it would outlast anything.  We laughed when the high priestess who married us suggested their might be rough times at some point during our marriage.  Well, friends... we definitely need that dirty hanky she waved around literally and metaphorically. 

Amy has cheated on me.  

Yes, sweet Amy.  Innocent Amy.  Loving Amy. 

No man could compete with the power of Don Luis...


While I was delirious with my fever, Amy was carrying on a torrid affair with Don Luis.  I would be laying in bed, unable to move... she would be in the open arms of another man.  Well... to be more specific, the outstretched arms of his medialunas (croissants).  Yes, Don Luis is the baker in El Calafate, and for 6 days, Amy and Don Luis carried on scandalously, while I fought for my very survival.  Guiltily, after yet another impassioned tryst with Don Luis, she would swear to me that she was through with him... that it was over between them... but then she would be drawn back by his irresistable aromas... again and again and again.

That 'enlarged spleen' story was really just our convenient cover... we're back in the US for a week of intensive marriage counseling.  With your help, we think we can save our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment